The difficulty with viscosity measurements of hot melts and liquids at elevated temperatures has been in maintaining accurate temperature control that is consistent from sample to sample so that meaningful data could be obtained. The Brookfield Thermosel solves this problem by providing a stable, precisely controlled sample environment. This, together with the inherent accuracy of the Brookfield Viscometers, is fundamental to the Thermosel System, which produces viscosity measurements that are not only accurate but entirely reproducible.
Several factors contribute to the stable environment:
Non-fluctuating temperature control.
- Small sample volume and insulated sample chamber which reduces temperature gradients within the sample.
- The rotating spindle, which acts as a built-in stirring device.
- The test procedure is quite straightforward. Once familiar with the system, unskilled operators can easily produce accurate, reproducible
Optional: disposable chamber
Thermosel is available also with the magnetic coupling
- Provides control of sample temperature up to +300°C
- Programmable Controller offers single set point or up to 10 programmable set points. Temperature ramping between set points is possible if used with RheocalcT Software (Note: Requires optional cable HT-106 when QC control with RheocalcT is implemented)
- Compatible with standard Brookfield Viscometers and DVNext Rheometers (Note: requires optional cable DVP-141 when controlled by DVNext Rheometer)
- Supplied with reusable stainless steel sample container and five disposable aluminum sample chambers
- Outputs: 0-4 Vdc for chart recorder; RS-232 for use with DVNext and/or RheocalcT
K=1 thousand M=1 million
*Ranges also apply to previous series
** The 81 spindle, Part No. HT-DIN-81, works in an HT-2 or HT-2DB chamber.